OIL MKT DRIVERS: Strong Sanctions on Iran; Pompeo on Russia
By Alex Longley
(Bloomberg) — Summary of what’s shaping the oil market on Thursday: U.S. Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin says “very strong” sanctions could return on Iran. Softer U.S. policy toward Russia is now over, Mike Pompeo, CIA director and secretary of state nominee, will say Thursday, according to prepared remarks. OPEC monthly report due.
- Oil Retreats With Equities as Rally to Bull Market Seen Overdone
- Crude Hits Pause on Rally as Markets Reassess Economic Outlook
- Oil Falls Near $60 as Market Fears OPEC+ Output Cuts Not Enough
- OIL BRIEF: Crude Heads for Biggest Monthly Drop Since 2008
- Oil Slumps Below $60 in London For First Time Since October 2017